We can still be together while we are apart. We are now meeting by computer and by phone, instead of in in person.
To join by phone (no computer needed):
Dial (301)-715-8592. You will hear a prompt to enter a meeting ID. Enter the meeting ID, followed by #.
In the listing of events below, we show the meeting ID for each event.
To join by computer or mobile device, click the Meeting ID for each event posted in the listings below to launch Zoom directly. (If that doesn’t work for you, visit zoom.us in a web browser, click Join a Meeting, and enter the meeting ID for the event.)
Please stay connected with Temple Beth Israel online while we are not able to meet together in person.
November Minyan and Shabbat Services Online
- Thursdays, November 5, 12, 19, 26
- Meeting ID: 860 6404 5288 no password required
- Fridays, November 6, 13, 20, 27 at 5:30 pm
- Shabbat Shalom: A little singing, a little Torah, and checking in before Shabbat.
- Meeting ID: 860 9408 8277 no password required
- Saturdays, November 7, 14, 21, 28 at 10:30 am
- Shabbat Morning Together: Stay at home while joining your Temple Beth Israel community online for an abbreviated morning service and Torah study. After joining in prayer and a D’var Torah, we will continue together for kiddush lunch, as we each break bread from our own homes and take time to socialize with those on the call. Texts will be provided on screen, or stop by TBI to pick up a Siddur Sim Shalom from a bin on the front porch during the week.
- Service and D’var Torah 10:30-11:30/11:45
- Kiddush and Conversation 11:30/11:45
- Ends: 12:30 (stay on as long as you wish, up to that time)
- Please plan to join the Zoom call by 10:20 to work out any audio/video issues you may encounter
- Meeting ID: 898 2996 2372 no password required
- General Discussion and Check In with Rabbi David
- Office Hour – Tuesdays 1-2pm Meeting ID: 811 0356 9244 and enter password 157389.
- Evening Talmud Study 7-8:30pm Wednesdays, Nov 25, Dec 23, Jan 27 Meeting Id 833 6502 6963 password 615895
Description: Topics are chosen to illuminate current local or national events, to prepare for upcoming Jewish observances and holy times, and/or to present key discussions in Talmudic thought. In honor of TBI’s nascent Warming Center for unhoused community members, the November 25th session will focus on three Talmudic stories about bringing the needy into our homes. Together we will discuss how these stories capture the spectrum of our feelings about doing this great mitzvah. No prior experience with Talmud required. All are welcome and encouraged to participate.
- Lunchtime Torah Study 12-1:30pm Thursdays, Nov 12, Dec 10, Jan 14 Meeting Id 873 5344 3111 password 922863
Description: We continue our study of the Abraham and Sarah story in Sefer Bereishit (the Book of Genesis), beginning with chapter 16, the first part of Hagar and Ishmael’s story. We cover roughly one chapter per session. Discussion is largely driven by participant interest and observation. Rabbi David gently guides discussion back to the Biblical text as needed, peppers discussion with occasional rabbinic, Hasidic, or contemporary sources to aid in seeing the stories as Torah. All are welcome and encouraged to participate.
Stay Connected with TBITalk
TBI Members are invited to sign up for TBITalk, an email discussion list for TBI members only. To subscribe, enter your email and contact information in the Subscribe section of the TBI Talk Information page. (Friendly web address is https://bit.ly/tbitalk-signup) Please note that since only TBI members may participate, your registration will be processed as soon as we can verify your TBI membership status.
Rabbi David Finkelstein’s Online Postings
- A Bit of Prayer
- Click here to view “Shalom Hayom” youtube videos
- Shalom Hayom Youtube videos